Installer for Alpha build 2 ready

Posts, blogs, articles, snippets, images, and video on how we developed the point-n-click game Absolute Zero™
GiggleRandell
Site Admin

Installer for Alpha build 2 ready

Post by GiggleRandell » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:14 am

Hey fans,

You probably don't know it, but all the games that we develop here at Giggle Horse Games, LLC. Are based on the Cortex game engine that was created by our previous company, before we changed the name. What was that company anyhow....hmmm...who cares! :lol: Anyhow, that means that when we build a game from the Cortex development project template, it always names the game "Cortex Game.exe" Which isn't that helpful. So I changed it to "Absolute Zero.exe"

I've now verified that the new Alpha build of the game works very nicely 8-) , so I've updated the installer to to build the final install package for this build. Should have it out this weekend, so everyone here can bitch and complain about things we need to fix so the game will be extra "Speshul" for you!

R

azombiegamer

Re: Installer for Alpha build 2 ready

Post by azombiegamer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:15 pm

cant wait ive only ever tested 2 other games before lol makes me feel like im a part of something special so i love getting opportunities like this..i'm especially looking forward to hearing the music by troels(i'm sure he will recognize my name) if there is any other way to support you guys let me know :D

GiggleRandell
Site Admin

Post by GiggleRandell » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Troels has done a phenomenal job on the music. We have around 20 full length scores for the game he has created thus far. Maybe I'll ask him to write a blog about it....that is if he feels up to it :P

azombiegamer

Post by azombiegamer » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:12 pm

whats the good word on the alpha build :)

GiggleRandell
Site Admin

Post by GiggleRandell » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

The build is going great. This Alpha build contains all the dialog / descriptions for a scene. Testing it without voice overs at the moment. It all works perfectly. Had some issues with special characters being rendered out, but got that fixed. Still have to chase down the reason it has to run in Admin mode. I am pretty sure it is because of the debug tracing. I'll disable that and check it. All is good though! thanks for asking!! :D

Randell Trulson